Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)
The use and treatment of personal information (being information which relates directly or indirectly to an individual and from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained) in Hong Kong is regulated by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). The HKAPI is committed to ensuring that it complies with the requirements of this Ordinance.
The HKAPI collects information about visitors to this website in two ways.
- If you visit this website, our system allows us to collect information about that visit, such as which web pages have been visited and the number of times a web page is accessed, etc.
- If you contact the HKAPI to submit a request or with feedback, we will collect any information submitted by you in relation to that request or submission.
Use of Information
The HKAPI may use your information for these purposes:
- to collect information in aggregate form (provided that an individual’s identity is not disclosed) to monitor the activity of this website, including statistics on the activity of this website to determine how the HKAPI should change or improve the contents of this website;
- to respond to any request or in relation to any feedback that you have submitted to us;
- to send you details of any relevant goods, services or events which may be of interest to you.
The HKAPI will release personal information which we are required by law to disclose.
Date: Jan 2009