2019 "Learning from Neighbours" Macao Seminar by The University of Hong Kong, The University of Macau and the Pharmaceutical Society of Macao
This was the third seminar jointly organized by The University of Hong Kong, The University of Macau as well as the Pharmaceutical Society of Macao, supported and sponsored by the HKAPI. Every year the seminar explores a certain theme surrounding the status quo and future development of the pharmaceutical systems of both cities. For this year, the scope has been expanded to cover also Mainland China, as the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area remains one of the hottest topics for both the pharmaceutical industry and the academia alike.
More than 80 people joined the event this year at the Wu Yee Sun Library of the University of Macau. Same as the previous two years, the whole-day seminar was split into morning and afternoon sessions discussing separate topics. Other than exploring the roles of Macao, Hong Kong and Mainland China in the pharmaceutical regulatory framework of the Greater Bay Area, this year the seminar also looked at the latest trend of real world evidence and regulatory science in the three economies.
The following renowned experts were invited as speakers this year (in sequence of appearance):
1. Prof. SHI Lu-wen, Director, Department of Pharmacy Administration & Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University
2. Mr. Raphael Yeung, Senior Pharmacist (Advanced Therapy Product), Drug Office, Department of Health, HKSAR Government
3. Prof. HU Yuan-jia, Associate Professor, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau
4. Prof. Ian Wong, Head, Department of Pharmacology & Pharmacy, University of Hong Kong
5. Dr. Carolina Ung, Lecturer, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau
6. Dr. XU Li-ping, Council Member, China Society for Drug Regulation
7. Dr. ZHU Jin, Principal Toxicologist, Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australia